Twisted Up

Oops, I did it again! lol That was supposed to be the title of this post, which I could have sworn I had drafted and tucked away for some editing---but it seems it isn't here :( ----. Oh well. Anywho, after washing my hair last Wednesday, I decided it was too soon for me to put another round of my lock and twist gel in, so I just washed and conditioned (nothing deep, just a much needed cleanse) and let my hair air dry ("big" mistake lol). I decided to do this because I didn't get to run to the beauty supply and get more of my gel, so twisting would have to wait a day. I thought about dry twisting but with my air-dried mess of a fro, but I didn't see that as being a smart choice.

Thursday I rinsed my hair and deep conditioned with my fav deep condish--Neutrogena Triple Moisture of course!--with lots of marination under the cap going on; I had so many things going on at once I think my hair was conditioning for a couple of hours lol. But once I was able to rinse, my hair felt as soft as ever and was wet and ready to be twisted up into perfection once again.

I was scared going into the twists again because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make my hair as perfect and beautiful as before. I gave it a go with my arsenal of snacks and my little dvd player---I watched 'Secret Life of Bees' and 'Knowing', both great movies---and my hair came out just as cute. Personally, I think the first set of twists was the best but that could only be expected since I wasn't exactly expecting my hair to look so good before, and the second time I had an expected result that I was looking to achieve.

It took a few days for my hair to 'fall into place' and start to grow on me. It's been a week and it's still cute :) I haven't done any photos this time around as of yet but I feel a mini-shoot coming on lol

Have a great day!!
~Lena

0 comments: