To Twist Or Not To Twist.......

My first set of kinky twists: Summer 08
Before I discovered two-strand twisting my natural hair

Greetings fellow naturals! A few posts ago I talked about going into protection mode and getting a full-headed sew-in weave, soon. Well, I have changed my mind. I haven't fully reneged on the weave thing, I've just gotten the urge to attempt to do some really small two-strand twists on this thick natural head of mine. Foolishness you say? Indeed it is lol. I can barely stand the medium sized ones I do now (I've done it about 3 times and wasn't looking forward to a number 4). It takes me forever to do them; about 2hours at the minimum. I have had extremely teeny ones before, set on rollers at a natural hair salon (My fellow Detroiters look up Afia's I'm Naturally Beautiful Hair Salon, they are amazing---hooked a scared transitioning sista up :) If you would have seen a before picture.....ooh, you wouldn't have believed that I had tons of hair tamed into that teenie curly style. The owner was shocked too lol . They said I looked like a totally diff person. My hair only looked twisted if you got right up into my hair and looked closely at it. From a normal distance it looked like I just had defined curls.
--I want those teenies back but I don't have $90 to spare--ouch! I haven't been since the end of last year but that doesn't mean I'm not going back. I hate making appointments for anything so lol but I will be back there before this year is over.



Anywho, I was considering doing some relatively small twists but with my length I don't think they are gonna look like I'm imagining; my twists are going to be quite lengthy so, we shall see haha



Until I experiment with this tomorrow (or Saturday) here are some photos from the teeny weenies from Dec 08. I should have taken closer shots of my lil teenies but I wasn't thinking about that back then....





Adios~




My oldest nephew and myself..........

Me with my two oldest nieces.......


0 comments: