Helpful Hints: How To Maintain Twists Past 2 Weeks



Finding new ways to do things with my hair is always fun. Although I am currently at a loss for a new natural style to rock (straw-set? lengthy sew-in? super short sew-in? cornrows?), I have found a way to preserve my lovely two-strand twists and thought I should share the wealth.


I'm sure my fellow naturals out there with locs and twists and other semi-high-maintanence styles know that washing our hair with these styles can be quite a hassle. I'm not sure if everyone out there has looked into these yet but there are special shampoo caps that you can get at your local beauty supply to help you wash your hair without the fear of unraveling. The one that I have was only $1.99 and it's perfect for washing twists in-between twist outs and regularly scheduled washing sessions. I decided to get this when I saw it because using a stocking cap, which I did with my teeny twists--as suggested by the stylist--, didn't feel right lol It was weird to me and I was glad to see that they make a cap just for that. I needed to wash my hair but I hadn't rocked my twist-out yet nor did I want to give up my twisted lovelies :) With this cap, my beauties look rejuvenated and fresh as ever. Go ahead and find one and give it a try :)



Day 1 After Washing with the shampoo cap

Day 2

0 comments: