It's Henna Time......Yet Again

Hello world!

In an effort to keep this dear old blog of mine updated, I have decided to embark on a new challenge. This challenge will be tweaked in the coming days but as of now I just know it as my Glow and Grow Challenge. I just ordered 500g of Jamila Summer Crop BAQ Henna; from a different site too :-\ I used to order my henna from mehandi.com but earlier this year I became aware of Butters N Bars through the CurlyNikki network. Well, over at Butters N Bars they have a little sale going on (15% off ayurvedic products) and my trusty Yemeni Henna from mehandi has gone up in price (its like $9 per 100g now....yikes!!!).

With things being the way they are right now I can't afford to treat my tresses to superb burgandy tones and such with more applications of the Yemen henna so I snatched up the deal on Jamila henna :) I should receive my new stash sometime next week so I will def have pics and reviews to the best of my ability (my comp hates when I try to upload pics to blogger....works better from a campus comp smh)

Anywho.....as I said before my new personal challenge for my hair is gonna be called Glow and Grow. I am going to regularly use henna in my hair care regimen to retain length and also see what type of henna glow I can maintain in the process. My hair is already naturally dark but in the sunlight and rare movements of indoor lighting my hair glows a pretty reddish/orangish color. Its so pretty that my sister has asked me to hook her up with henna! I want to henna my hair more than just once every 2-3 months. I am going to see what happens if I henna my hair every other week. Since the effects of henna build up with each use, I should see results fast--being that these next few applications would be my 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Obviously there wouldn't be a dramatic change in length overnight, but I'm sure the added strength from the new applications will have a great effect on my length retention. My hair is about an inch or less away from being APL and just last summer my hair was barely grazing shoulder length.......

2 Henna treatments and many protective styles and such later, I'm at APL.
Let's see what 3 consecutive henna treatments (more may be in the works, depending on funds and such), buns, twists, DC treatments, improved nutrition and exercise regimens, etc have in store for my hair this summer. Who knows, my hair may grow alot more by the end of the summer than what's normal for me lol

Goodnight :)
~Lena

0 comments: