Hairresistable

So how about I didn't do exactly what I planned on doing. The last post was about doing my own twists until I get a sew-in a week later, and then eventually getting my hair pressed out or flat-ironed out to view my hair's progress. Well....I slipped lol; with the ridiculous arctic weather in my area, my twist-out wasn't surviving. I couldn't resist. No matter how much moisturizing I would do for my scalp and strands, they remained dry; and it drove me nut!!! So...I opted to straighten and see what my no-chemicals and no-heat regimen had done (No relaxers since July 2007 and no regular flat-ironing since summer 08)

Instead of waiting to flat-iron my hair like I wanted, I decided to do it a few days ago. Its nothing to brag about, especially since it doesn't seem like I've made any real progress but I must keep in mind that my hair is thick as heck and all of it wasn't able to be straightened as good as I wanted. I didn't want to over-do the straightening thing (trust me, I know how to get it bone straight if need be...lol) and apply too much heat to my hair, so I only ran through it one good time and pulled it up into a pony tail.

Since I don't like having my hair pulled up in a ponytail all the time (thats all I can do right now without adding more heat to my hair) I have opted to go get kinky twists or zillions again. I am at odds about which to get b/c zillions supposedly do more damage but I didn't experience any problems when I had mine or after I took them out. If I don't get my twists or braids, I may get the sew-in that I have been dying to get, just because I haven't done it yet; BUT I think I may wait. I don't really know right now, I just know come tomorrow I may have one of the three.

Stay tuned....this journey is getting better by the minute!

0 comments: