Healthy Hair

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last addition to my ever-going story. Sorry, school has top priority since the new semester started. Anywho, this weekend marks 2 weeks since I've had my twists in and I have washed once. I know, Iknow.....you're not supposed to wash your hair with twists until after 2 weeks...blah blah yada yada but it ITCHED!! lol It was done kinda tight in some spots (I went to a new braider this time--actually two had a hand in this madness--) and I could not sleep that well for the first night because of the soreness. Then came the itchy scalp. I co-washed before I got them done because excessive shampooing isn't good for your hair, especially my hair, especially during the winter months. I decided to use whatever shampoo I had on hand (since buying new stuff isn't going to help the recession therapy lol) and I opted to use some of my remaining Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky ( from my relaxed days....). It made my scalp feel funny but it was probably from all of the awful scratching I had to do. I oiled my scalp with extra virgin olive oil and voila! a couple of days later, I'm itch free!!! I decided a while ago that I was going to make healthier choices regarding my hair and my overall health and so far so good.

Three main things I have done so far to ensure that I get my hair to its healthiest point is to
1) drink lots and lots of water
2) take multivitamins; I take GNC Women's Hair, Skin, & Nails formula
3) eating healthy foods--this comes natural to me b/c I love to eat and I love fruits and vegetables

With these three things (and two other things that I should be doing but haven't this month are exercise and get lots of rest) I feel that will better my chances at regaining my healthy hair length and maintaining its thickness and overall good health. I estimate that by the time I take my twists out, I will have achieved a nice little amount of growth and after I get my next couple of protective hairstyles, my hair should be where I want it by my 22nd birthday (which is in September)

My next post will probably be about healthy foods to add to your diet to achieve a healthier diet and give your hair the boost and pampering it needs.

Hasta luego!

0 comments: