Mane Progress

I am ecstatic right now! Ok maybe not that happy, but I am thrilled to note that my hair is making progress. I can't remember my hair ever feeling so alive, so soft, so....WOW lol. The longest my hair has ever been was arm-pit length. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get beyond that point, maybe to BSL (bra-strap length) or even waist length. My journey towards long and healthy tresses has been good so far and I can't wait to see how my hair has progressed when I stretch it out/straighten it out in a few months. Instead of doing that now, I am going to stick to my protection and moisturization regimen (in addition to my eat right and stay fit-n-tight regimen) and straighten my hair out to see my progress in 3 to 4 month intervals. So, when I straighten in April or May I will take pictures to capture the moment and proceed to go back into protection mode by doing more protective styles....until my 3-4 months is up again. During my transition to becoming fully natural, I will continually try new, all natural/organic methods of treating and caring for my hair.

After searching the net for inspiration for new products to help me through my journey, I stumbled upon Miss Jessie's products. After seeing the before and after pictures of clients of the shop and users of the products I was sure that I found my new favorite product line. Unfortunately, there are only two places in the state that I live in that utilize that line and neither one of them are close to me. I took a chance asking the people at the beauty supply near my house if they sold Miss Jessie's and like I thought, they didn't. I was prepared for that but I was still disappointed b/c I was so eager to try using Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding to achieve a more beautiful and effective twist out look (my fiance' looooovvvves when I wear my hair in curly fros and twists outs and stuff lol) that I saw demonstrated in a tutorial from youtube. Sooo....I had no choice but to work with what was available in the beauty supply{not my idea of a fun place, I can rarely find what I need or really want :( } and I opted to get the Shea Butter and Aloe Creme Natural Moisture Balancing Treatment by Mane N Tail. I really needed a styling product for curls but if that guy would have said another jheri curl product I would have screamed lmao. So, I looked and looked for a looong time and still nothing. Searching for natural products in a huge chemical pool is hard, you're probably not gonna find what you're looking for. The M n T stuff was as close as I could get for natural moisturization ( the 2nd thing I went looking for in addition to a good curl styling product) so being a shea butter fan I went with it. It wasn't expensive so it was either a win or lose situation.

The results:

When I got home I realized I left without a styling product, ya know in the midst of getting satin hair caps, a water spritzer bottle, and the perfect shade of light pink nail polish (my fav) you tend to forget something.... I was tired of my hair looking crazy so I figured I would do the twists anyway since I didnt use a product the last time and they came out ok. This time, I was armed with a moisturizing product that was much needed to nourish those ends of mine that have been scorned by this crazy winter weather. I applied the treatment just as it said (on damp or dry hair--I did damp) with my water bottle (w/ water & a hint of my favorite deep conditioner in it--- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner, its the BEST!!!) on hand and went to work. I must say, this shea butter n aloe vera creme smells absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! Omg, its soooo sweet and I was not disappointed with how it made my hair feel. It smells like cookies or cake to me and I think it is because of the almond oil it has in it. I definitely checked out the ingredients before I decided to buy it and Im glad I did; you can't go wrong with olive oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, and the various root extracts. Hopefully, I will be able to continue to see and feel the results of this lovely treat.

While I was doing my twists I was able to stretch a few down to get an idea of how long my hair is and how long its getting. I was happy, like I said before, to see that it is somewhere near my collar bone (stretched from the longest point), soon to be arm pit length, and eventually bra-strap length. I estimate that in a few months my hair will be back to where it was once upon a time

I will probably edit this later to add pics of my hair after I finished.
Until then people.....

0 comments: