New Month, New Regimen


Hola Naturals!

With the Fall semester swiftly approaching, I have been frantically trying to find cures for my ever troublesome skin. I thought my skin issues were diet related, you know--too much of one food group or an allergic reaction of some sort. But....my very observant hubby brought to my attention that it could be the shampoo or conditioner I had been using. Thinking back I do realize that my issues have gotten progressively worse since the addition of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration into my regimen. Prior to using this otherwise heavenly conditioner, my skin was just about flawless. I am now doing an experiment to figure out if this conditioner has caused an allergic reaction in the form of acne. I will discontinue the use of HH as well as the consumption of soy-protein laden foods [ie. my beloved Boca products :( ] Without my HH, I need a new condish right? Right!

Since I have the theory that my HH is causing my skin to spaz out, I have sought out hypo-allergenic hair products. When I went to the store earlier I didn't find what I was looking for (Free & Clear ring a bell to anyone?) but at the beauty supply I did happen upon some of Taliah Waajid's natural hair care products. The label on the Enhancing Herbal Conditioner sang to me lol ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS :) Pure Distilled Water, Anisae, Capsioum Oil, Olive Oil, Wheat Germ, Bees Wax, Aloe Vera, Walnut Oil, Cherry Bark, Calendula, Tyme, Kiola, Quine Seed Complex, Vitamin E, Silk Protein, Apple Extract, Lavender Extract, Balsam Canada, Bay Laurel & Fruit. Doesn't all of that sound yummy?! Lol Well believe me, it is indeed a treat. It smells delicious and it worked wonders after one try.

I can tell the difference between using HH and using this new conditioner. Before my scalp woulod feel itchy in some spots (but that happened every once in a while beforehand b/c my thick head of hair makes it hard to reach my scalp well). I see now that it wasn't just poor rinsing habits and thick hair getting in the way.....something in the HH was making my scalp itch from time to time. I have no problems so far (just washed earlier and air-drying my noticably bigger pony-puff) and I'm loving that. I'm not going to go crazy and buy all of T.W.'s products but I will definitely be making this natural conditioner my new permanent friend given that I don't see/feel any signs of an allergic reaction or anything.

I'll keep you posted on my skin and hair as always,
Lena Jolie

0 comments: