Happy Birthday To Me!!!!!!!!!! (Late Post)


Hello blog world!!! I recently celebrated my 22nd birthday and my 2year anniversary with my dear hubby on September 25th. *Go Libras...whooo! lol* Last post, I was indecisive about what exactly I wanted to do with my hair. Well, with the support of my loving honey I decided to get that sew-in I have been wanting all summer! My sweetie is a natural head himself and wanted me to twist my hair...a daunting task I detest when time is a factor....but I didn't have time or really feel like doing my own hair for my b-day--who does?! lol

But, with his approval I went in early for a 2.5 hour hair weaving session the morning of the big day. I was a little disappointed and scared at first because the place I went to--the African braid shop that did my last set of kinky twists and cornrows--doesn't style or cut your hair after they sew it in. Basically....you have to shell out more money in a regular hair salon to achieve your desired look. Or....you can do what I did and have someone in your family help you out!

I called my sister back after I was finished and she told me to come over so she could cut my bangs and help me out. And help out she did (sort of lol....they were a little uneven on one side but I think she was trying to give me an asymmetrical look or something). She also evened out my ends for me. All for free! No extra hair salon charges over here people. That's how ya gotta work it.

My sweetie loves "my" hair and so do all of my friends and family. They are not judgemental like alot of people tend to be when women don't wear their real hair. They already know I have one heck of a mane. I am just choosing to give my hair (ends and all) a break from the stresses of twisting and being exposed to the elements.

Ciao!

**I'm going to edit this later with photos**

0 comments: