Graduation Hair



It's about that time guys!!!!

I'm super excited :) Why? I just picked up my cap and gown today!!!! Yessss! It's been a long time coming but it definitely isn't the last time I will have to do that. But, the first time is definitely more memorable.

Unfortunately, I won't be getting the full effect of our Graduation Expo because I was so unprepared for the whole Commencement portraits deal. They have a mini studio set up at the expo for us to take commencement portraits. It's definitely not free but I didn't even bother to ask for prices. I just asked whether or not there would be other opportunities outside of the expo to take our portraits. Other than the fresh-off-the-stage picture with the American flag background, No! Jammit.....I was hoping this wouldn't be the case.

I read in fine print that we could take portraits at this shindig but I didn' t know it would be packages involved. Looks like I may have to take my grad pics elsewhere :(



My main dilemma with this thing is that my hair is currently in a gelled back pony-puff! I had considered getting my hair done before class Monday or even afterwards yesterday (but i had a paper to do!!); I even considered after class today but who knows if I'll be able to. If I do them, I would have to go get my hair taken care of after class today or right after tomorrow (which is earlier than today's festivities) and just have to go back up to the school.




I'll work it out.....I will. I hope......



Anywho, my bigger dilemma is not having a style to go to. I don't exactly want twists but then again I may have no choice. I would do it myself but that is a big....azz....task. I tried to handle my own hair for my pics in highschool and it was not the best! It was cutesy for my age and well improvised (my mom had been doing my hair until we found out she was sick and her chemo was making her worse; a lot of stuff was done last minute in regards to hair, nails, and wardrobe but I managed). My hair isn't straightened anymore so my quick save for those days don't apply. I want my college grad pics to say something other than I graduated lol I want to look age appropriate (my twists can break that sometimes....makes me look even younger!) but stay within the natural realm and fit under my cap.




My two style options are:

Straw Set



And my mini-twists (aka zillion twists)




Idk what to do! I'm feeling the straw set but idk how to do it on my own. If I go to a natural hair place they are def gonna charge me an arm and a leg. So for now (while I do this other paper I have no choice but to do) I am comtemplating whether or not I can pull off a straw/rod set for pics tomorrow.

Have a Magical Day!!


0 comments: